(Updated February 2018)
- B.S. in Physics, Boğaziçi University, Istanbul, 1989
- B.S. in Mathematics, Boğaziçi University, Istanbul, 1989
- Ph.D. in Physics, The University of Texas at Austin (Advisor Bryce S. DeWitt), Austin, 1994
Awards & Honors:
- Killam Postdoctoral Fellowship Award, University of Alberta, Edmonton, 1994
- Outstanding Young Scientist Award (Üstün Başarılı Genç Bilim İnsanı Ödülü), TÜBA (Turkish Academy of Sciences), 2001
- Prof. M. Parlar Research Encouragement Award (Araştırma Teşvik Ödülü), Middle Eastern Technical University, 2001
- Werner von Siemens Excellence Award, Koç University, 2006
- Science Award in Basic Sciences (Bilim Ödülü), TÜBİTAK (The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey), 2007
- Elected as a principal member of Turkish Academy of Sciences, 2007
- Outstanding Faculty Award, Faculty of Sciences, Koç University, 2011
- Outstanding Faculty Award, Koç University, 2015
Membership in Scientific Organizations:
- Principal member of Turkish Academy of Sciences, elected by the majority vote of elected members of the Academy in December 2007.
- Member of Science Academy Association of Turkey since January 2013.
- Graduate Student, Teaching and Research Assistant, Department of Physics, The University of Texas at Austin, 1989-94
- Killam Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Physics, University of Alberta, 1994-1995
- Visiting Professor, Sharif University of Technology and Institute for Theoretical Physics and Mathematics (IPM), 1995
- Killam Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Physics, University of Alberta, 1995-1997
- Assistant Professor (1997-1999), Associate Professor (1999-2004), Professor (2004-present) Departments of Mathematics and Physics, Koç University, Istanbul
Member of the editorial boards of the International Journal of Geometric Methods in Modern Physics (World-Scientific), Turkish Journal of Mathematics (TÜBİTAK), Koç University Publications (2011-2014), Regular referee of Phys. Rev. (A, D, X, and Lett.), Ann. Phys. (N.Y), J. Math. Phys., J. Phys. A, Phys. Lett. A., Europhys. Lett., Euro. Phys. J.-Plus, etc.
Differential geometric and topological methods in theoretical physics, quantum mechanics, quantum cosmology, supersymmetry and its generalizations, pseudo-Hermitian Hamiltonians, scattering theory, spectral singularities, mathematical optics.
Three books (Nova Science Publishers, 2001, Springer, 2003, Koç Univeristy Publications, 2013) and 130 research papers in journals covered by Science Citation Index (SCI). For details see the publication list.
Citations (as of February 08, 2018, source ISI):
Total number of citations > 4900, h-index=28, Most cited paper: A. Mostafazadeh, J. Math. Phys. 43, 205-214 (2002), cited 716 times.