- Ph.D. in Politics, Monash University, 2003;
PhD Thesis Title: "Politics of Banking Policy in Australia: the Wallis Inquiry, the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority and the 'Four Pillars' Policy."
- M.A. in International Political Economy, University of Warwick, 1996;
MA Dissertation Title: "Conflict in the US Position over the Issue of Capital Controls at Bretton Woods in 1944."
- GraDip. in Money, Banking and Finance, Banking School, 1994;
- B.Sc. in Public Administration and Political Science, Middle East Technical University, 1993.
- Visiting Scholar, Harvard University, May-July 2007.
- Assistant Professor, Department of International Relations,Koc University,
Since September 2004.
- Assistant Lecturer, Department of Accounting and Finance, Monash University,
July 2000 to July 2004.
- Tutor, Department of Accounting and Finance, Monash University,
July 1999 to July 2000.
- Banking Specialist, Capital Markets Department, Agricultural Bank of Turkey
(T.C. Ziraat Bankasi), October 1994-February 1999.
- Raporteur of a special commission on foreign economic relations, State Planning Organisation
- Seminars on Financial Globalisation, Banking School, T.C. Ziraat Bankasi
- Member of the Editorial Board of International Encyclopedia of Public Policy: Governance in a Global Age. Phil O'Hara, ed., Perth: Global Political Economy Research Unit, Curtin University of Technology (since 2003).
Referee for International SSCI Journals
- International Organization
- Regulation and Governance
- Journal of European Social Policy
- South European Society and Politics
- "The Governance of Financial Regulatory Reform: The Australian Experience," University of Sydney, Department of Government and International Relations, Sydney. July 2010.
- The workshop on "The Hybridisation of the 21st Century State" co-sponsored by the Academy of Social Sciences in Australia Institute for Social Sciences and the School of Social and Political Sciences, 13-14 July 2010.
- "The Political Economy of the 2008 Global Financial Crisis," University of Strathclyde, DMEM, Glasgow. March 2009.
- "Policy Entrepreneurship And Institutional Change: Multi-level Governance Of Central Banking Reform," Department of Government, University of Strathclyde, Department of Government, Glasgow, November 2009.
- Workshop on "The Emergence of Southern Multinationals and their Impact on Europe" supported by the European Science Foundation (ESF). Trinity College, Dublin. 3 October 2008.
- "Bank in the Centre," Central Bank of Republic of Turkey, 4 March 2007
- "Central Bank Governance: A comparative analysis of the European Central Bank with central banks in nine developed economies," the University of Canterbury.
National Center for Research on Europe, European Union Roundtable Seminar Series Programme. Christchurch, New Zealand. 30 September 2005.
- "Turkey and the EU," Bond University, Department of International Relations. GoldCoast, Australia. 21 September 2005.
- Global Studies Network Conference, Warwick University, August 2004.
| Honors and Awards
- 2008. The Scientific & Technological Research Council of Turkey, Young Scholar Career Development Program (TÜBITAK Ulusal Genç Araştırmacı Kariyer Geliştirme Programı)
- 2008. European Science Foundation (ESF), funding for attendance to a workshop on “The Emergence of Southern Multinationals and their Impact on Europe”.
- 2008. The International Political Economy Society (IPES), Conference Grant.
- 2008. American Political Science Association (APSA), Conference Grant.
- 2008. The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBITAK), Overseas Conference Grant.
- Koc-Harvard Visiting Scholar Scholarship by Koc University
- 25% Salary Market Load (bonus) for performance in research and teaching in 2003 by Faculty of Business and Economics, Monash University, (January 2004)
- Monash Postgraduate Scholarship (MGS) by Monash University
- Jean Monnet Scholarship by the European Union to do Masters (April 1995)
- Turko-British Banking Scholarship by the British Council/Banks Association of Turkey (February 1995) (Jean Monnet Scholarship is preferred)
- MA dissertation received distinction and recognized as 'one of the very best' (1996)
- Postgraduate Travel Grant by Monash University Research Initiative to present a paper at overseas conference, (November 2000)