- İlke Öztekin
- Associate Professor
- Department of Psychology
- College of Social Sciences and Humanities
- Koç University
- Email: ioztekin at ku.edu.tr
- Office: Sos. Z 08C
- Office Phone: +90 (212) 338-1132
My broad area of research is Human Memory. More specifically, I'm interested in investigating the controlled processes that support memory function. I have focused on two primary lines of research related to cognitive control of working memory and episodic memory retrieval. One line of my research has investigated representational sates in memory. Another line of my research investigates interference resolution in memory, particularly during working memory retrieval. My research employs the response deadline speed-accuracy trade-off (SAT) procedure—a sophisticated behavioral method that investigates the time-course of memory retrieval using model fitting—to investigate the cognitive behavioral mechanisms that support memory function, and functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) to identify the corresponding neural mechanisms.
- Ph.D., Experimental Psychology, New York University, 2008
- M.A., Psychology, New York University, 2006
- B.A., Psychology, Boğaziçi University, 2003
Awards and Honors:
- Science Academy Young Scientist Award, 2013
- Received "Doçentlik" title from the Inter-University Council of Turkey, 2012
- American Psychological Association New Investigator Award in Experimental Psychology, 2011
- Martin Braine Fellowship, 2008
- Dean's Dissertation Fellowship, for academic year 2007-2008
- American Psychological Association Dissertation Research Award, 2006
- American Psychological Foundation/Council of the Graduate Departments of Psychology Scholarship, 2006
- Katzell Summer Fellowship, 2006
- McCracken Fellowship, New York University, 2003-2008
- High Honor, Boğaziçi University, 2003
- Principal Investigator, "Cognitive mechanisms that lead to age related memory deficits." FP7 Marie Curie International Reintegration Grant, 2011- 2015.
- Principal Investigator, "Individual differences in working memory capacity." TÜBITAK 1001, 2011-2014.
- Co-Investigator, "Local networks for modeling and classification of brain activity during cognitive processing." TÜBITAK 1001, 2013-2016.
- Co-Investigator, "Multi-layered cognitive learning model." TÜBITAK 1003, 2014-2016.
- Brown University, Postdoctoral Research Associate, 2008-2010