Local organizers (Koc University):

Oznur Ozkasap, Associate Professor

Computer Engineering Department

Email: oozkasap@ku.edu.tr


Sena Efsun Cebeci, Research assistant

Computer Engineering Department

Email: senacebeci@ku.edu.tr


Huseyin Guler, Research assistant

Computer Engineering Department

Email: hguler@ku.edu.tr


For further questions, you can contact us.


What airport in Istanbul should I use?

There are 2 airport terminals in Istanbul. In the European part of the city, Ataturk International Airport (IST) at Yesilkoy is recommended as the main hub. There are direct flights to every European capital, and many to USA, Asia and the Middle East. It is located twenty-five kilometers west of Taksim Square (about 40km from the Koc University campus).  

The other airport terminal is Sabiha Gokcen International Airport (SAW) that is located on the Anatolian part of the city.

You can use the airport bus service of HAVATAS for transfer from the both airports to the city center.

Do I need a Visa to enter Turkey?

Turkey demands an official entry visa from citizens of several countries. The most up-dated visa information can be found from the Ministry of Public Affairs of the Turkish Government. We also recommend that you consult the nearest Turkish Missions to find out if a visa is required for your entry to Turkey. The minimum validity of the passport should be six months.

Banks and Currency Exchange

In Turkey the currency is the Turkish Lira (TL). Foreign currencies can be exchanged at the airport as well as at the private exchange offices throughout the city which are open from 8:30 to 20:00 hrs. Local banks, where Traveler's cheques and Eurocheques can be cashed, serve between 8:30 and 17:00 hrs. All major credit cards (such as Visa, MasterCard) are accepted in most of the Turkish restaurants, shops etc.

Turkey is two hours ahead of GMT.

What is the voltage and type of power plugs are available for appliances?

In Turkey, the electrical supply is 220 volts, 50Hz. The connection for appliances is European plug (2 pin plug). Visitors who have flat 3-pin or other plugs, are advised to bring an appropriate adapter. Hotels may also be able to provide some adapters.